Skip to content
Learn all about UV Protection
How to Protect your Child from harmful UV Rays
- Babies and toddlers’ skin is thinner than adults with increased absorption.
- This means Ultraviolet radiation can penetrate more deeply.
- Ultraviolet radiation not only damages skin DNA and accelerates ageing, but can also trigger inflammation and suppress the immune system in the skin.
- UV radiation reflects off of sand, water, cement, snow and even grass. On a bright cloudy day, significant sun damage can still occur.
- More than half of a lifetime’s sun exposure usually happens during childhood.
- There is no treatment for the radiation damage from sunburn. It is irreversible.