When choosing gear for your kids it’s good to know if it’s all it’s cracked up to be. There are safety standards for many products that babies and children use – and, at Banz Carewear, our gear gets the big tick in all the relevant tests.
Mum’s done her homework and knows Banz sunglasses are safe for her little one.
Sunglasses – Eyes Right!
When buying sunglasses for anyone – not just children – always ensure they meet the Australian/New Zealand standard ASNZ 1067.1.2016.
The fine print of Category 3 of this standard – which all Banz sunglasses meet – is below.
Lens Category 3, general-purpose Sunglasses are graded out of four categories; Category 4 is for special-purpose sunglasses, so Category 3 is the top category for general-purpose sunglasses.
- High protection against sunglare
- Good UV protection
- These sunglasses are intended for use by children.
- These sunglasses are not for direct observation of the sun.
- Not for protection against artificial light sources, eg solaria.
- These sunglasses comply with the mandatory requirements of the
- Australian Standard for sunglasses and fashion spectacles, AS/NZS 1067.1:2016.
- Not for use as eye protection against mechanical impact hazards.
- NOT SUITABLE FOR DRIVING AT NIGHT OR UNDER CONDITIONS
OF DULL LIGHT. Yes, I know we’re talking children here… but this is ‘legalese’!
Banz sunglasses also block 100% of UV light entering their lenses, which means they can be rated as UV400. However, Consumer reports: ” According to the New Zealand Association of Optometrists (NZAO) there is no accepted definition of ‘UV400’. It said because ‘UV400’ has no consistent technical basis, it’s little more than marketing spin.” Banz sunglasses are marked as UV400, as they meet all standards required for sunglasses, and the informed sunglasses purchaser does expect to see this declaration.
Banz sunglasses also meet the British sunglasses standard of EN ISO 12312-1-2013+A1:2015
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Test Methods for Sunglasses and Related Equipment and carry the CE mark (which stands for Conformité Européene, and means they conform to European standards). This ensures that the sunglasses offer a safe level of UV protection.
So, it’s good to see the numbers of the different standards on the Banz Carewear sunglasses box – it means your little one’s eyes are fully covered.
#babybanz #banzsunglasses #uvprotected #sunglasses